Syrian Refugee Sponsorship
NEW CAMPAIGN – SPONSORING SYRIAN REFUGEES
Besides our relief work inside Syria and in the region, ICNA Canada is launching a new campaign to help Canadian-Syrians bring 100 Syrian Refugee Families to Canada by 2018; a project estimated to require around $3 million.
TO HELP BRING 100 FAMILIES TO CANADA, WE WILL
- Help, train and assist potential sponsors over the next 3 years to bring, welcome and support refugee families during their first year in Canada
- Work with the Syrian communities in different cities across Canada to ensure that they participate in this initiative in bringing their family members to Canada with our donors’ support
- Engage Muslim community leaders, Imams, and Scholars to make this project a success
- Work with other organizations to ensure that these sponsorships are approved and processed quickly, so that refugee families can arrive in Canada as soon as possible, with access to the services they need
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Donate for the Syrian Refugee Family Sponsorship Program
- Make a group of 5 and sponsor a Syrian Refugee Family. The group registration form is available here. The cost breakdown is presented in the table below. Please also read our Information for Sponsors page for additional details.
Please note that sponsoring a family means that upon their arrival, you and your group will need to provide them with housing, groceries, and finally, settlement and integration support for only one year. Below is the cost chart.
This table is taken from the Canadian Government website (October 2015, cic.gc.ca).
ARE YOU A CANADIAN-SYRIAN?
If you are a Canadian-Syrian and would like to bring your family members to Canada through ICNA Relief Canada, please click here to fill out a form. We will contact you with an assessment package soon.
Recently, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has put in place temporary measures to accelerate the processing of applications to sponsor Syrian refugees. Please click here to read the details.
If you are interested in Sponsoring Syrian Refugee Families to come to Canada, please contact us at email@example.com